Are you ready to take the next step in your relationship with God?
The Church can help if you are interested in becoming a disciple (follower) of Jesus Christ and joining in the membership of this church.
- Scott City First United Methodist Church invites individuals to accept Jesus Christ and to enter into full membership with the church during any regular worship service.
Becoming a Disciple of Jesus Christ:
- Christians follow Jesus Christ. His teachings, His life, His sacrificial love and His example all inform us as to how we should live our lives. To know Jesus Christ one must seek Him through Scripture, through personal prayer with an open heart, and through the shared community of Christian believers.
- Belief in the historic Jesus is not enough for salvation and redemption. We are made right with God when we decide who Jesus is.
- Jesus was born, lived, died, and resurrected from the dead.
- He is the Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of all humanity.
- It is through Him that we can "become right" with God. That is, Jesus makes it possible for us to correct our relationship with God. We are not in right relationship with God because of our sin--defined as that which seperates us from God--and Jesus has taken upon Himself our sinfulness, making it possible for us to be right with God.
- Jesus bridges the gap--the sin--between us and God.
- There is a need in all of us to give ourselves over to something that is both divine and bigger than ourselves--to give our life to God! We must choose to have a close relationship with God and determine to follow Jesus' example to fully become a Christian. At Scott City First United Methodist Church, we help one another in our constant daily walk with God.
- No matter where you are in your relationship with God, our church will take the next step with you toward a life of meaning and purpose as a disciple of Jesus Christ!
Please visit the links section below to help you learn more about United Methodism.