Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matt 19:14
At Scott City First United Methodist Church, we believe that children are a gift from God. We provide a wide variety of opportunities for children to hear and learn the stories of the Bible. Additionally, children are given the chance to apply these lessons in outreach, both locally and internationally. Through these opportunities we pray that the foundation will be laid for a life of discipleship.
Sunday School - meets every Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
- Noah's Nursery - meets in the nursery and is for children K and younger.
- Upper Room - meets upstairs in the Upper Room and is a one room Sunday School for children and youth with age level small group activities.
Children's Church - This is an opportunity for children and youth to worship and study bible stories at their level.
- A worship service for children and youth.
- It is held during our 10:45 a.m. worship service.
- It is located in the Family room
Higher Ground -
Wednesday night activities start with a meal at 5:30 p.m. and classes go from 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Noah's Nursery - meets in the nursery and is for children up to the age of 5.
- Godly Kids - meets in the Godly Kids room and is for children ages K through 2nd grade.
- Upper Room - meets upstairs in the Upper Room and is for children in 3rd through 4th grades.
- Tweens Class - Meets downstairs in the Tween Room and is for 5th through 6th grades.
Vacation Bible School - a special 5-day event which is normally scheduled in early summer.
Golden Rule Preschool - This state-certified preschool provides a Christian-based curriculum for children ages 3 and 4 years old. They are in session during the USD 466 school year. Please check out their page under Golden Rule Preschool.